Friday, January 19, 2018

In class assignment, Voices in the Dark by Riley Stephens

Can you recall what it was like being a child in the dark? I can. I am aware of the multitudes of darkness; for example, a room lit by moonlight--the shadows making shapes on the walls. Or the worst: pitch black, can't-see-your-hand-in-front-of-your-face darkness. I have bipolar depression with psychotic features, which can give one auditory hallucinations. I am one of those lucky ones! As a child, I told no one because I believed it was my imagination. I would hear people whispering my name, a lady over an intercom (I could not quite make out what she was saying), a ship horn--just to name a few. It wasn't until I reached my young adult years and was still having my hallucinations I realized it very much so not my imagination. I have gotten them under control and I am able to finally SLEEP! 




3 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely terrifying, I'm glad you have better control over it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound terrifying and would make you think you were crazy. That would be hard to diagnose or self-diagnose to know that you even have a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...