Friday, January 19, 2018

In Class Assaingment, That time I thought Masks were alive and Evil by Kenneth Butcher

When I was younger i as really into the R.L Stine series, Goosebumps because of ho it was able to create horrifying events out of seemingly mundane things and situation. It always fascinated me and although certain stories were more unnerving to me than others; nothing really properly scared me from the franchise until I saw The Haunted Mask movie. It really shook me to the core and spawned a lot of nightmares that involved me being eaten and or mutilated in various ways by masks. Which in turn made all masks scary to me for like a week. That being said it also either awakened or made me aware of my fear of mortality at the time. Younger me somehow drew a connection between the masked wrinkly and disheveled look of the masking in the movie and just.. old people in general I guess? (that sounds so terrible typed out, I'm sorry) and yeah, for a while I was scared of growing old too.


2 comments:

  1. I watched this exact same thing and was just as freaked out by it. My sister loved this creepy troll mask (the kind with bright orange hair and made of plastic, not the Grimm sort) and I was convinced she was going to turn into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree i used to think mask were real also, and costumes such as chuck e cheese. I understand how you would make the connection between old people and mask because of the wrinkles. The funny thing about being young is how brutally honest we are as kids.
    -Taya McCloud

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...