Monday, January 29, 2018

Bonus #2--Weddings & Why I Love Them by Kyra Moore.

Ever since I was younger, weddings have been something that has had a positive connotation associated along with it. Growing up, and even now, weddings are events that make me and all of the people around me excited. As a child, my mother and I used to spend Saturday mornings in our pajamas watching wedding-based shows like Bridezillas and Say Yes to the Dress. Both her and I are fond of interior decorating as well as fashion which are things that are heavily incorporated into weddings. Another thing that supports my decision of the importance of a wedding is the Christian values that I have been brought up on. Traditional weddings have Christian like tendencies such as the pastor mediating the ceremony, the reading of scripture and it being facilitated in a church. According to, “How Important Is a Marriage Ceremony?” it says that “in any case, a wedding ceremony is meant to be a very spiritual and bonding experience for the couple and for their friends and family.” With religion and the person that I am marrying being important parts of my life, I deem that a wedding is important. Weddings in my culture have a positive connotation but I would go as far as to say that they also have a positive connotation in American culture. Events such as publicly televised weddings lead me to believe that America has a positive connotation as it pertains to weddings. As a result of the overwhelming positivity that I see accompanying weddings, of course I can’t wait until I am able to plan and execute my very own wedding day. Weddings are, or should be, an important event that is cherished by both the bride and groom and their families; the beautiful union that the two loved ones have now formed and the excitement that accompanies it is legible grounds for a celebration and should not be treated lightly.

Because of the sentiment that I feel accompanies weddings, I think the price of weddings is well worth it. It is an irreplaceable memory that can be shared between both families and even future family such as future kids if they are in the plans. Supporting this claim, “How Important is a Marriage Ceremony?”, says that, “in any case a wedding ceremony is meant to be a very spiritual and bonding experience for the couple and for their friends and family.” Personally speaking, I want a very extravagant and symbolic wedding that has party-like aspects. It is indeed a joyous occasion to find a lifetime partner as some people go their whole lives without having the chance to experience having that. If I am graciously granted the chance to find a lifetime partner, then I feel that a wedding is definitely appropriate and something that’s sentiment and feeling is worth more than money. On the topic of money as it regards to weddings, the payment arrangement I have heard is that the bridesmaid and the groomsmen pay for their attire and the other amenities of the wedding is split down the middle between the two families. I agree with this payment arrangement as it is equal and fair cost management.


Overall, I think that the concept of materialistic worth such as money is incomparable to the memories and sentiment that will accompany the event of a wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Even though I still think they are way too expensive, I love it when the decor is on point and it has an immersive-fairy tale feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...