Friday, January 19, 2018

In Class Assignment, CHUCKY by Aly Hernandez

When I was no more than seven years old my mother allowed me to watch Chucky with the rest of the family. I recall very little details about the movie, but I understood that it was a horror movie and that the doll was alive and it killed people. Not only did I watch the movie, but for weeks I was constantly haunted by the doll that murdered children, people, family members. I stopped playing with dolls and picked up reading and video games. The little doll with creepy eyes and bloody scars haunted my dreams and my reality. In my dreams it murdered my family and then at last me. Sometimes my dreams were about other regular Barbie dolls that moved on their own and attacked us.

Pediophobia is the fear of dolls.  Although I am no longer afraid of dolls, Occasionally I still get a creepy feeling around them.

My fear is irrational and unnatural. It stems from watching Chucky at such a young age. I have not seen a chucky or Anabelle movie since I was 7 years old. My dream means that I am afraid of the unnatural and artificial that could have human qualities.
See the source image

4 comments:

  1. Dolls are scary!
    - Jared Islas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you, dolls are the worst!
    -Jeffery Leath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, I feel you. I didn't even want to watch scary movies that are about evil dolls or other psycho toys. I will never forget when I was a kid, I had this dream I was walking to my dad's office and there was Chucky sitting in my dad's chair holding a sharp knife. I screamed and I ran outside of the dark trying to hide away from him.

    -Kendra Zemenye

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...