Thursday, January 18, 2018

In Class Assignment, That Time the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Killed My Family By Ms. Casady

When I was young, I had this reoccurring dream in which the Stay Puft marshmallow man kept killing my family.  The dream was set in the same location: a dreamy peach cloudy, marshmallow world.  There was nothing in the landscape but fluffy pink and peach clouds that were always shifting and my family and I would walk through, hand-in-hand.  One by one, I would realize that one member of my family would be missing (and was presumed dead), going from my least favorite to my favorite.  First my older sister would be missing (no loss there), then my dad, then my mom, and finally, my little sister.  I would wake up, tears streaming down my face, calling my sister's name.

Now, thinking back on this, I think this is because my little sister (four years my junior) has been sick since she was four years old with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and complications from the disease had caused her to nearly die a few times.  She was close enough that my mom had the say-your-goodbyes-just-in-case talk with me and my older sister.  I was young enough that it affected me more subconsciously and manifested in this dream where death was always close to my family.

Although I also had this fear that every time I closed a door a velociraptor from Jurassic Park would appear on the other side of the door...so maybe I was just weird.

3 comments:

  1. Jacob Bothell, did you every wake up mid dream because you fell out of bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love marshmallows so it is very hard for me to see them as agents of harm. lol.

    -Kyra Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob, no. I'm a heavy sleeper. Once I fell out of the top bunk I shared with my sister and didn't wake up. My mom heard a thump and found me on the floor, still asleep. She put me back in my bed and I still didn't wake up.

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...