Friday, January 19, 2018

In Class Assignment, Thunderstorms

When I was a kid I was afraid of thunderstorms. I remember that my fear was especially bad at night when I had to go to bed. I would not be able to fall asleep or even stay calm enough to not be thinking that I was about to die. This definitely was a bit dramatic as I now realize that a simple thunderstorm could probably never hurt me from inside my house. I remember coming out of my room and talking to my parents about how I was so scared and couldn't fall asleep. They would try to help me calm down by coming into my room and sitting beside my bed. This always seemed to make me be able to fall asleep right away. I'm not quite sure what this means about me, possibly something about anxiety, as still to this day I sometimes get nervous about normal-everyday things. The page that discusses the fear of thunderstorms, also known as Astraphobia, offers more information about what causes some people to fear thunderstorms and ever verifies my theory about why I might have been afraid.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that there was a term for the fear of thunderstorms; that is really interesting! I'm surprised the OKC Thunder hasn't used that term for some sort of promo.
    - Jeffery Leath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared,

    Thank you for sharing. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you as a kid. Thunder is still pretty scary!

    -Aly Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you grow up in Tornado Alley? I was always afraid thunderstorms would develop into tornados myself!

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...