Friday, January 19, 2018

In class assignment, Fear of Bees By Samantha Urueta



As a little girl, my brother and I spent most of our time outdoors. We loved running around under the sun and took great interest in nature. My brother also liked to climb trees until one day, he got stung by several bees. My first reaction was to run inside and tell my mom about the bees. By the time we both made it back outside, my brother was terrified and crying due to the painful stings. This incident automatically instilled a fear of bees in me. Especially after my mom explained to us that after bees sting they leave their stinger inside your skin along with some abdominal tissue. This sting later becomes red and itchy after time but can also be life threatening to those who are allergic to the bee sting.





This is where my irrational fear for bees and any other flying insects started. The only thing I could think about while being outdoors was being followed and attacked by bees. As soon as I would hear a buzzing sound I would run away as fast as I could and look back. Even if it was a small harmless fly, it was always better to be safe than sorry. I can honestly say I had a mild case of melissophobia growing up.

4 comments:

  1. Riley Stephens

    I love all living things, including bugs. This does not mean I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stung by a bee in second grade and had a really bad allergic reaction and that kinda spurred my phobia of them

    -KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrified of bees as well.

    -Kyra Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny thing is, I don't like bees. They freak me out and terrify me. But I'm still a bee keeper because...well, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...