Monday, January 22, 2018

In Class Assignment, Insidious by James W by Taya Mccloud


Insidious



This movie makes my skin crawl. Growing up I never liked to watch scary movies because I had a fear of going to sleep and not waking up. I hate scary movies about voodoo, ghost, The underworld, and supernatural events.  After watching several movies and having dreams similar to the movies I watch at night, it does nothing but make my fear even worse. I grew up the only child in the household. I have an older sister, we share the same dad but have different mothers. My sister is 5 years older than me. Also, I have a younger brother who is only six which is no help when It comes to scary movies. My six-year-old brother loves scary movies, his favorite one is chucky. I am the only odd ball in my family who doesn’t like horror films. I grew up in Kansas City, Missouri and have lived here all my life. In grade school, I lived in South Kansas City in the Ruskin area, where in 1957 a horrible tornado hit.  The tornado was called the Ruskin Heights Tornado in which now they have a memorial at the Ruskin high school for the people who died in the tornado. In the storm, many families died because none of the houses had basements in the area before the storm. My older sister use to tease e and say the ghost from the tornado where going to come get me in my sleep when I acted bad. The insidious movie reminded me of my fear seeing that the ghost wanted the little boy’s body to live through him. The ghost where trying to use the boy as a pulse to the real world, in which the movie shown everything I ever imagined could happen in my sleep happening to the young child.




I believe my fear came from putting my fingers in my ears while watching scary movies instead of turning it off. I used to think that if I just didn’t hear the scary sounds that I would be ok. My Father having a surround sound system in our home didn’t make my situation any better. My family members thought that it was hilarious to watch how I reacted to scenes in scary movies. My elder sister use to have to sleep in the bed with me at night in order for me to go to sleep after watching a horror movie. One time I stayed up 24 hours until the night became day again after watching a scary film.The movie Insidious relates to my fear the most with the little boy who enters a comatose. After watching insidious for the first time halfway through we had to leave the theater because i was so scared. As I  have grown older I have never outgrown my fear of going to sleep after watching scary movies.The last scary movie I tried to watch was about a year ago and I still had problems trying to go to sleep after attending the theater.


2 comments:

  1. Never seen the movie Insidious but I can understand why you would have fear of it or any move of its kind. Seems like you have the ability to connect with movies. Me, I have a hard time taking scary movies seriously. Most of them are predictable and over the top. Is this movie based on a real life event? That would be the only type of movie that get me! In your case, actually living near an area where a mass amount of people died, I understand why. I never been to or seen the Ruskin memorial. Creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seen the movie Insidious before but I can relate to that because watching scary movies as a child really does frightened me. Like, you were saying about the movie Chucky, the evil doll, that movie scares the heck out of me that I
    didn't even want to see it anymore. I have not lay my eyes on all the Chucky movies for years.

    -Kendra ZeMenye

    ReplyDelete

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...