Sunday, April 29, 2018

Response to Brandon's Bonus 8 by Kyra Moore.


I think that most college students can agree with majority of the sentiments stated in this bonus. I know a lot of college students who also experience burnout, especially as this semester comes to a close. College is arguably one of the most trying times in a person’s life. More times than not, we have to juggle school, extracurricular activities, applying for professional development opportunities, applying to scholarships, church (if applicable), family issues, maintaining a social life, trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and the list goes on. College is where people from all walks of life gather in the name of one thing- education. I have respect for each and every college student, it is not easy by any means but I feel that it is definitely worth it. To every college student reading this, you have my unconditional respect. I am extremely proud that we have all made it thus far- however it is that we got here. Do not let societal constraints nor the opinions of others define you nor your success. Your journey in life is very specific to you and you only. While we all know that it is going to be tough and become overbearing at times, it is my hope that you find the strength to carry on as I know that we all can. It is absolutely okay to be a wreck, what matters most is that we do to remedy the things that are a wreck in our lives. Any stride towards success in adverse times is a magnanimous one.
My favorite part of the post was the actual layout of how Brandon planned to better his “body, ethic, and spirit.” I also greatly appreciated the acknowledgement of how these steps can be taken one at a time- “though it’s not necessary that every step betters each virtue all together, like a toddler its best to take it one step at a time.”
I am an avid planner as it pertains to how to efficiently execute all of the assignments that I have to complete, but never an avid planner as it pertains how to efficiently execute life. I think that myself, and other college students as well, would greatly benefit from doing this type of planning. It could potentially make the load that is getting your life together seem substantially lighter. In light of it being finals season, I think that I may implement this strategy fairly soon, especially in the summertime.
In addition, I am also striving towards some of the same goals presented in this blog post. I too am “trying” to live a healthier lifestyle. The time consuming apparatus that is college makes this fairly difficult I must say. Convenient eating, which is ideal as a college student, more times than not promotes me to make unhealthy food decisions. Currently, I am researching how to eat more clean on a college student budget. I plan to implement these tactics over the summer and have them carry on to next school year. Wish me luck!
Overall, this was a very enjoyable and refreshing read nonetheless. I have gathered some tips for life and found comfort in this read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...