Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Bonus 8: Midterm Check Up.


If I could choose four words to describe this semester it would be: very, very, very busy. This semester I have acquired more leadership positions in a number of organizations that I am involved in. Therefore, this means that these organizations require a more substantial amount of work out of me. I have recently joined a sorority titled Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated. I am a chair of committee within that group and a member to a number of committees within the organization as well. This is just one splendid example of the recent work that I have newly acquired. While all of these organizations keep me extremely busy, I believe wholeheartedly in their mission so the work does not feel like such an unbearable or irrelevant load. Though these organizations, I am proud to say that they have not affected my academic standing. I am still actively striving towards academic excellence nonetheless. As it pertains to school, I have primarily been an efficient student all of my life. I would be wrong if I did not attribute majority of my success to God. In addition to God, my success is also attributed to a planner. My planner is the place where I literally write all of my events and to do lists and then I plan my days according to their importance. Even though my planner primarily keeps me on track, there is always room for improvement. A bad habit that I need to knock is procrastination. I have a bad habit of procrastinating until I am pressed for time and then I proceed to complete the various assignment. Every day I try to make proactive steps towards dismantling the concept of me procrastinating.
With that being said, a goal that I have for the end of the year academically is to have as many A’s as possible. Another goal of mines is to start eating healthy dinners and buying healthy snacks- moreover, being healthier overall. By this year’s end, I plan to have so much discipline so that I will not procrastinate and become holistically a better self in all regards. May 9, I plan to at least have shown substantial progress to the goals I am currently working towards.  
I am going to ensure that I obtain these goals by writing every event/task that I have do in my planner. If I constantly reference this documents for events and my schedule, then in theory I would not miss any event or class.
In the following time frames (three weeks, six weeks, a month), I will have accomplished a number of things. I am currently working on a number of applications such as scholarship, job, volunteer, etc. In these time frames, I plan to have worked on the various applications and have turned them in. I am very excited for what these upcoming weeks and months have to bring as I am applying to a number of opportunities. Overall, I am continuously working hard for every area of my life and I can attribute my success to the planning and goal setting that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...