Sunday, May 13, 2018

Free Write About Me by Kyra Moore


Write about whatever I want? Hmmmm? What better and faster way to knock out 500 words than to write about something I know pretty well? Me! For this last blog post, I chose to write about myself just in case anyone was wanting to know more about the girl who sits in the middle back of the classroom. If you are intrigued by this, then stay strapped in! First of all, my name is Kyra Charelle Moore and I am twenty years young. I am a Nursing major currently but if I found out that nursing is not for me then I will graduate with a Bachelors in Health Sciences then I will pursue a Masters in Healthcare Administration. The goal currently is to become a Nurse Practitioner working with specifically women or family medicine. 
I am the only child of my mother but I do have one half-sister from my father. I have been in private school all of my life. I have never had the luxury or burden to choose what I would like to wear to school. In highschool, I was in a number of things such as National Honor Society, Peer Ministry and TREND to name a few. Fast forward to college, the illustrious University of Missouri- Kansas City was my last choice. I wanted to attend Hampton University or Tuskegee University- both are historically black universities. UMKC gave me more money and still had good academic reviews so this is how I ended up here. In college, I have gained a number of friends and even a sisterhood. I am a member of the Rho Alpha chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated at the University. Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Incorporated is an organization centered around sisterhood, scholarship and service. It is one the absolute best decisions that I have made in my life. 
I am also involved in a number of other organizations on campus. I am the newly elected Vice President of Sister Circle and the Student Council of Nursing and Health Studies. I am the secretary for three organizations- the secretary of the Rho Alpha chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, the secretary of Bachelors of Health Sciences Society and the secretary of the National Panhellenic Council. In addition, I am a diversity ambassador on campus, the Membership chair of the African American Student Union, the fundraising chair for this campus’ collegiate chapter of the National Association of Colored People and a general body member of an organization on campus called GlobeMed. To say the least, I am always extremely busy but I enjoy working for all of the organizations that I do. I believe wholeheartedly in all of their missions so that makes the work that much easier. To be quite honest, with being the newly elected Vice President of two organizations I am slightly afraid of how that will go but nevertheless I will persist. I have always wanted to be extremely involved wherever I am and I am currently but I wonder how much time it will consume?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resubmissios Essay

Throughout this essay I will be discussing the skills that I need to work on with it being personal skills and skills that pert...